Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Book Boyfriend #2

My Book Boyfriend is a Wednesday meme hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we drool over fictional characters who make us swoon. 

Sam Roth
  • Books he's in: Shiver, Linger, and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Age: 18
  • Hair: Dark Brown
  • Eyes: Yellow
  • Lives in: Mercy Falls, Minnesota
  • Hobbies: writing songs, playing guitar, making paper cranes, reading poetry


Why I love him: He's just sooo sweet! And head-over-heels in love with Grace, which is adorable, but not in a mushy-make-me-wanna-barf-Bella-and-Edward way (disclaimer: I very much enjoyed the Twilight saga, I just thought the romance aspect was over-the-top).

Picture: I was browsing Google to find a YA actor who fits my mental image of Sam, and for some reason Cody Linley comes the closest. However, he has blond hair, so the picture you see up there is a photo that I edited (poorly, I might add haha, but all I have is the Mac version of MS Paint... I could've done a better job if I had photoshop) Here's the original picture. Do you have a different actor in mind that you think would be a good Sam? Post in the comments - I'd be really interested to see your pick.

Quotes:
I (Grace) wrote stay madly in love. 
He wrote stay human. 
"Because I'll always be madly in love", he said. 
(page 24 of Linger)
"I thought about telling her what I was thinking, like You're beautiful and You're my angel, but the thing with Grace was that words like that meant more to me than to her. They were throwaway phrases to her, things that made her smile for a second but were just... gone after that, too corny to be real. To Grace, these were the things that mattered: my hands on her cheeks, my lips on her mouth. The fleeting touches that meant I loved her." 
(from Linger)

"Peeling off my skin
Leaving just my eyes behind
You see inside my head
Still know that you are mine"
(from Shiver)
Note: I promise next time MBB won't be from a YA book ;)
So, who are you swooning over this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...