Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs


Title: Blood Bound 
(Mercy Thompson Series #2)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Source: Library; Paperback 292 pages
Official Blurb:
Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind. But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
My Rating: 5 stars ★★★★★
My Thoughts: 
I’ll admit that after reading Moon Called, I was a little bit skeptical about the series. I thought it was good, but not as great as everyone made it seem. Though I was nervous that the series had been over-hyped, I decided not to make the rash decision to dismiss the series completely - & I’m so happy that I gave Blood Bound a go; it was pretty awesome!

This book brings meaning to the words action-packed: the major conflict arises right in first chapter, and doesn’t get resolved until the last few pages. I also enjoyed the element of mystery that played a huge part in the book; I love books that make me try and figure out things along with the protagonist, but I hate when it’s too predictable. Luckily, this book wasn’t predictable at all, and kept me guessing the whole time! I can’t wait to read the next one.
      
Also, on a side note: if there were “teams” for this series, I’d totally be Team Adam! I hope his and Mercy’s relationship evolves more in the next book *crosses fingers*
 
Previous in Series: Moon Called
Next in Series: Iron Kissed
Books Like This: Rachel Vincent's Shifters Series

3 comments:

  1. You should try the audiobooks for these. I really like the narrator. I don't know, for some reason I think her voice is soothing, lol. I feel like she is my friend and she's telling me the story. You've got to listen to it to see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I've never listened to an audiobook before, but perhaps I will give it a try - thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Some are bad but then there are some that are EXCELLENT. Personally, I think that the Mercy Thompson ones are in the REALLY good category. You should try them. Good to listen while you're jogging (ha!), or doing something where you don't need to concentrate too much. Like good for driving, not so good for studying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...