In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren in order to show off new books we've gotten recently.
For Christmas I got a B&N giftcard from my mom. I was in heaven, of course, squeee! See I have this thing about giftcards... I love them because then I don't feel bad about purchasing lots of stuff that I wouldn't have bought sans said giftcard; I justify these actions by telling myself that the money had to be spent at that store eventually, so it's really not that bad after all. & I was still in need of a new calendar for 2011, so I decided to see what B&N.com had to offer. I wound up buying a Claude Monet 2011 calendar (one of my favorite artists) from their after-holiday sale. Then, as I went to click on my cart to pay for the item I saw "just spend $25 dollars to receive FREE shipping!"
giftcard... books... SALE!... FREE SHIPPING!!
Four things a bookaholic college student loves to see. So I did my little giftcard-justification-mind-battle thing, and then excitedly decided to browse the books at the after-holiday sale. My purchases were (as shown in the picture above):
- 101 Diseases You Don't Want to Get by Michael Powell with Dr. Oliver Fischer (cause I'm a science-geek)
- A Girl's Best Friend by Elizabeth Young
- Heroes: Saving Charlie by Aury Wallington (cause I absolutely loved the show!)
- Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (been waiting to get my hands on this one for a while)
- The Conjurer's Bird by Martin Davies
I also bought a box of "I Love You" collectible postcards, but I was kinda disappointed with them... ohhh well. I know what I'm giving my friends for Valentines day... cheesy postcards!